Chocolate Almond Coconut Fruit Bar Recipe
Looking for a simple and delicious recipe to beat the summer heat? We have a solution. We’ve teamed up with Registered Dietitian Caitlyn Elf (@caitsplate) to bring you a 3-ingredient Chocolate Almond Coconut Fruit Bar Recipe. It might just be the greatest thing we’ve ever tasted.
- 4 Whole Fruit Coconut Fruit Bars
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole almonds, crushed (pulsed through your food processor if you would like a more refined crumb to sprinkle on top)
- Remove wrappers from Coconut Fruit Bars and place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer.
- Place a non-stick saucepan over low heat on the stove and add the bag of dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate will also work!) Stir continuously until chocolate begins to melt. Once there are just a few chunks remaining, remove from the heat and stir vigorously off the stove until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Remove Coconut Fruit Bars from the freezer and with a large spoon, immediately pour chocolate over the top of each of the bars then dip into crushed almonds.
- Place Coconut Fruit Bar back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining fruit bars. Put back in the freezer and allow to freeze until the chocolate has hardened (~1 hour).